The Southeastern Regional Genetics Group™, Inc. has a mission which includes:
- To enhance and promote the quality of genetic services in the Southeastern Region which includes the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
- To provide a forum for exchange of information among professionals who provide genetic services and the consumers of these services in the southeastern region of the United States.
- To receive and administer funds for coordinating genetic services and for furthering education about the delivery of genetic services.
- To interact with other regional and national genetic organizations.
- To arrange and promote proficiency testing and quality control in genetic services.